The City of Ashland Division of I.T. has an opening for an I.T. Specialist
Submit Application with Resume to:
206 Claremont Ave
Ashland, OH 44805
Deadline to apply: 03/31/2017
Pay range: $1846.16-$2115.39 bi-weekly
-Pension through OPERS
-Optional Health, Dental, and Supplemental Life Insurances
-Company paid $20K Term Life Insurance
-Maintains and troubleshoots Windows 2003, 2008r2 Server Software
-Maintains Help Desk Support for staff; provides 2008 Active Directory Maintenance and improvements
-Maintains and troubleshoots Local Area Network (LAN); maintains network security levels to protect accessibility to sensitive data
-Maintains security camera server; assists in maintaining Google accounts; sets up and maintains sound system for parades and City events.
-Provide excellent and timely customer service.
-Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Assists with or conducts surveys of the City’s data processing assets. Maintains an inventory of City of Ashland software and hardware, as well as spare part inventory.
- Assists with survey of all computer systems and determines appropriate security procedures to provide protection of City assets and data, including implementation of anti-virus software, firewalls, LAN and WAN security as well as implementing appropriate backup procedures, maintain and troubleshoot VMware environment and monitor server backups.
- Assists in providing software support on City of Ashland standardized applications.
- Stays current with trends in software, hardware and network technology.
- Assures that all software installed on City of Ashland computers is licensed and registered.
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, and other documentation (project specifications, project mailings, estimates, updated plans, status reports, etc.) as requested by the Technology Director.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains required licensure and certification.
Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
-Associate’s degree in computer technology, with appropriate certification, and two (2) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience
-TCP/IP networking experience required
-MTA Certification preferred
-VMWare/Virtualization/Watchguard firewall/Synology NAS experience preferred
-Possess technology troubleshooting and repair skills; knowledge of Windows 2003 and 2008r2 server software
-Proficient in 2008 active directory, use of latest web tools, Google Apps, browsers and application software and mobile devices
-Ability to instruct others on the use of technology
Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair computer hardware, software and mobile devices;
-Proficient in Windows 7 and 10 operating systems.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license, plus be able to qualify for and remain insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Necessary to perform duties (*indicates developed after employment).
Knowledge Of: Practices and principles of computer and network administration, departmental policies and procedures*.
Ability To: Communicate effectively; collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare and maintain accurate documentation; develop and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public; access and work with technical documents.
Skill In: The operation/utilization of all types of computer equipment and instruments; operation/utilization of all types of standard business computer hardware and software.
The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
Personal computers, related computer equipment, virtual servers, MS servers, Cisco switches, VOIP phone systems, and other standard business office equipment.
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS
Works with and around chemicals found in an office environment. May be infrequently required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.