The City of Ashland has an opening for a part time (approximately 24 hours per week) Pavement Inspector, Division of Engineering, Shane Kremser, City Engineer.
Submit applications with resumes to:
206 Claremont Ave
Ashland, OH 44805
Under the general direction of the City Engineer,
Reviews paving bids and plans for applicable state and local code conformance; assists in developing paving plans and cost estimates
- Inspects City pavement and assigns rating according to accepted standards.
- Performs field inspections to examine and evaluate paving project; verifies quality of workmanship, quality of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates and applicable codes and regulations;
- Documents deficiencies and deviations from approved plans; generates reports both in electronic and in paper form;
- Maintains, updates and assures the accuracy of inspection records, project documentation and project files, both electronic and in paper form; performs routine duties such as typing, filing, and record keeping;
- Responds to requests for information; provides technical information to City Staff as authorized; provides assistance to the public within scope of authority;
- Provides excellent customer service; answers questions and concerns related to pavement codes and requirements; consults with contractors concerning deficiencies with code requirements.
Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience paving following ODOT specifications;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver's License; plus must be able to qualify for and remain insurable under the City's vehicle insurance policy.
Starting pay range is $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
Contract/Ordinance: Unclassified, Hourly
Equal Opportunity Employer