Police Officer Lateral Transfer
The Ashland Police Division
The Police Division is an organization of approximately 40 employees, both sworn and civilian. Our mission is “to protect the peace, order and safety through service with integrity and accountability.” The Police Division is goal-oriented and our performance is measured in a variety of ways, both individually and collectively. As a Police Officer, you will be expected to actively participate in achieving our goals. The Division offers a variety of opportunities to examine and utilize your strengths as a Police Officer.
- must meet all requirements to be a Police Officer outlined in the Civil Service Rules.
- must be currently employed as a full time Police Officer working a minimum of 35 hours pr week in a jurisdiction in the State of Ohio. (jurisdiction is defined as any Ohio Municipal, State, county, or State University entity which utilizes a law enforcement agency.)
What do I need to do to apply? Refer to the Eligibility to Test form included in the application packet to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position of Police Officer. If you meet all the qualifications, complete and sign all forms, and submit copies of required documents.
- Eligibility to Test and Domestic Violence Forms
- Information Release Form
- Physical Waiver Form
- Copies of all required documents:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- OPOTC certificate
- Certification of employment
- Driver's license
- DD214, if claiming military credit
The physical ability exam will be conducted on an as needed basis.
Submit your Eligibility to Test form, the Domestic Violence form, your application, and notarized waivers (Physical Exam and Information Release) and additional documents to:
City of Ashland Human Resources
206 Claremont Avenue
Ashland, OH 44805
*All submitted copies will become the property of the City of Ashland and will not be returned.