Equipment Operator I
The City of Ashland has an opening for an Equipment Operator, Division of City Services, Street Department, Jerry Mack, Director.
How to Apply
Applications and Civil Service Tests are available at Human Resources:
206 Claremont Ave
Ashland, OH 44805
Deadline to apply: 09/30/2016.
- Operates light, medium and heavy motorized equipment in order to assist with the efficient delivery of City services (i.e., dump truck to plow snow, spread salt, haul stone, gravel, and other materials; leaf vacuum truck; mower; tractor; front-end loader, street sweeper, etc.); inspects equipment in order to ensure safe operation.
- Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled laborer tasks in order to assist with the efficient delivery of City services (e.g., cuts brush; rakes and picks up leaves; shovels and rakes dirt, asphalt, and other materials; breaks up concrete and asphalt; mixes and pours cement; erects and repairs street signs, etc.).
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains required licensure and certification.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares records of work completed, time spent, materials used, etc.
- Performs any and all other duties as directed or assigned by the Director of the Division or other person acting on behalf of or in place of the Director, which in the opinion of the Director or such other person are necessary to be performed in order to promote, further, or ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Division.
Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
Completion of secondary education (high school or GED), plus one (1) year experience in the operation of light motorized equipment, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsement(s), plus must be able to qualify for and remain insurable under the City's vehicle insurance policy.
Starting pay range is $11.45 - $20.07 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer