Top 10 Reasons to locate your home or business in Ashland
- Location- the Ashland area is served by a strong network of highways and interstate routes. There is rail service, port service from Lake Erie, and two major and several smaller regional airports nearby. Ashland is located in north central Ohio, making it an ideal choice for reaching both established Atlantic coast markets and emerging Midwestern and Southern markets.
- Education- Ashland has its own private liberal arts university, Ashland University. There are plenty of opportunities for education and workforce development in the community, ranging from AU and neighboring College of Wooster, the Ohio State University-Mansfield and North Central State College, to the Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center.
- Lower Start-Up Costs- Ashland has several existing warehousing, manufacturing, and distribution facilities that are available for use. The infrastructure and zoning is largely already in place, making a move to Ashland a smart one!
- Workforce- Ashland enjoys relatively low labor costs and reasonable wage levels. Businesses in the area have said that the Ashland workforce is predominately a stable one, with a strong work ethic and company loyalty. People in the Ashland area are committed to excellence and are eager to work!
- Quality of Life- Ashland has benefited from having its city capabilities cloaked in a rural backdrop. The pace of life is less stressful than many large cities and there are plenty of opportunities for enjoyment outside of work. The Mohican State Park is one of the region's most beautiful biogems. The large Amish population in the area also gives Ashland and the region a unique point of interaction with a simpler time.
- Small Town Benefits- Because Ashland has a solid manufacturing base in many areas, such as plastics, machining, tooling, fabrication, printing, rubbers and chemicals, a company locating here can enjoy the networking possibilities with local suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors. As a result, supply chain costs can be lowered dramatically.
- Land Availability- Should your company decide it has outgrown its present facilities, the Ashland area has options available. The Ashland Business Park to the north, Baney Road on the southern part of the city, and US Route 250 to the east all have prime space available for your expansion needs.
- Cooperative Government- the leaders of Ashland and surrounding Ashland County are committed to increasing the quality of life for the area's residents while still honoring our agricultural heritage. The City has set up an enterprise zone, tax incentives, and even an Economic Development Department to assist the City in pursuing its long-range goals. The City and County have long enjoyed stable, business-friendly leadership that is likely to continue into the future.
- Community Banking- Ashland is blessed with several community banks that are committed to seeing Ashland grow. Some are regional banks and a couple are national in reach, but all have made a commitment to the community and its businesses. The community reinvestment spirit, by citizens, banks, and companies alike, is alive and well in the Ashland area.
- Market Position- Companies that locate to Ashland have the opportunity to achieve market domination in their respective sector. Central Ohio is a largely untapped market, served by mostly local and regional businesses. If your company has a product that is currently undersupplied in this region, you will likely achieve a strong market position in no time.