Development and Marketing Coordinator
The City of Ashland has an opening for a full-time Development and Marketing Coordinator,
Brookside Golf Course
Under the general direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, this position will assist the Brookside Management Team and the leadership of the Friends of Brookside Golf Course with the marketing and fundraising efforts aimed at sustaining programs and increasing financial support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• With the cooperation of the Friends of Brookside Golf Course Steering Committee chair and sub-committee chairs/co-chairs, plan and
organize the meeting agendas for the Friends of Brookside Golf Course and all committees of the organization.
• Work closely with the Friends of Brookside Golf Course leadership and committees to sustain and increase sponsorships, memberships,
endowment enhancements, special and other gifts in support of the golf course.
• Serve as the liaison between the Friends of Brookside Golf Course, the Brookside Golf Course Management Team, and the City of
Ashland; and provide accurate monthly and annual reports on the progress of the Friends of Brookside Golf Course and other aspects of
the golf course.
• Review, revise and have printed all written material designed to support the golf course and the Friends of Brookside Golf Course.
• Conduct regular website audits and request updates or removal of dated materials monthly; and create a program to update social media on
a regular basis during the season and beyond.
• Work with the Brookside Golf Course Management team to develop marketing plans and promotional material for outings, merchandise
promotions and Demo Days.
• Serve as the receiving agent through which all forms of support (cash, checks, pledges, and in-kind gifts) are channeled, regardless of
source; and create and process, or have processed, timely acknowledgements of all gifts related to sponsorships, memberships, and other
• Create an internal system to keep detailed records of all gifts and/or pledges.
• Maintain the recognition program designed to highlight all sponsors, members and others who have supported the Friends of Brookside
Golf Course and the golf course.
• Working as an integral part of the on-site staff, promote the need to protect this valuable City asset and to secure the Golf Course’s near
and long-term financial viability.
• Prefer previous golf course and/or retail experience.
• High School Diploma required; prefer some College or College Degree, or equivalent experience.
• Must be motivated to thrive in the golf industry.
• Should be experienced in written and oral business communications; in computer use including Word, Excel, and Publisher; and proficient
in email, internet, and database.
• Must possess strong organizational and planning skills; be self-motivated; and service oriented.
• Ability to maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits package negotiable and based on candidate experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates should email your resume to Human Resources (HR) email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer