The City of Ashland has openings for full-time Equipment Operators in Sanitation and Street Departments
Applications and resumes will be accepted from November 12, 2019 until November 25, 2019 in the Human Resources Department (8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday). Applicants will take the Civil Service Exam at the time of the application, or by appointment.
What You'll Do:
- Operate light, medium and heavy equipment including but not limited to: backhoe, packer truck, dump truck, leaf vacuum, truck, mower, tractor, front-end loader, street sweeper, grader, bucket truck, paver, crack sealer, sewer vacuum truck, etc.
- Inspect equipment to ensure the safe operation and notify supervisor of needed maintenance and repairs; document each inspection
- Maintain a salt/plow route or sanitation route as assigned
- Perform unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled laborer tasks including but not limited to: trash collection, shoveling and raking materials, raking and picking up leaves, breaking up concrete and asphalt, repairing water lines, building forms and pouring concrete, etc.
- Document work including but not limited to: assignments, time spent, materials and resources used, etc
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages: hourly pay is $15.50; plus annual increases as negotiated by AFSCME
- Year round work
- Eligible day one for insurances, there is no waiting period! Available insurances:
-Health (80% of the monthly premium is paid for by The City!)
-$20K term Life policy with the option to purchase more
- Paid Time off
-10 paid holidays
-Sick leave begins accruing immediately, plus The City accepts sick leave transfers from qualifying public employers
-2 weeks of vacation prorated at 1 year anniversary, then 2 weeks every January 1 after;
-2 personal days
- Participation in OPERS (Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System) with The City contributing an additional 14% and employees contributing 10% of wages
- Available 457 Plan
We're looking for someone who:
- Is "Dedicated to Service"
- Has earned a high school diploma or a GED, plus 2 years experience operating medium/heavy/complex equipment or equivalent education and experience
- Has a valid Ohio CDL
- Is eligible to drive City vehicles under our vehicle insurance policy
- Likes to work as a team, but is able to work independently when needed
- Will work in the various weather conditions found year round in Ohio
- Is available year round, no seasonal furloughs!
- Is willing and able to learn and follow City policies and procedures
- Will always consider safety as the number one priority