The City of Ashland is accepting applications for Firefighter/Paramedics
● Must have attained the age of twenty-one (21) on or before date of appointment.
● Must not be over the age of thirty-five (35) on date of appointment except where the applicant has had continuous service, including one of the past two (2) years, and is in good standing in another public fire division, in which case the candidate may be up to forty (40) years old on the date of appointment (DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED IF CLAIMING AN AGE EXCEPTION).
● Must possess a valid driver’s license.
● Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
● Must possess current Ohio certification as an EMT-Paramedic, OR provide a Letter of Enrollment in an accredited EMT-P program.
● Must have excellent physical condition and be able to pass a work related ability test.
How to Apply
1) Return completed/signed application packet* no later than 4:00 p.m. on August 31, 2018 and must include the following items:
● $25 fee in cash, check or money order (non-refundable)
● Information Release Waiver (must be notarized)
● Physical Ability Exam Waiver (must be notarized)
● Copies of :
o Driver’s License
o High School diploma or equivalent
o Paramedic Certification or a letter stating that the applicant is enrolled and in good standing in an accredited EMT-P program.
o Prior service documentation (only if claiming an age exception)
o DD214 (only if claiming military credit) (To be eligible for military credit consideration, an applicant must have served on active duty in the armed forces of the United States for a period of one year (365 days) and have been honorably discharged. Additional military credit of 10% is given on the regular written portion of the entrance examination to those who present evidence at time of application. Additional credit is applied upon attainment of a passing grade.)
*Application packets are not considered complete until ALL applicable items are received.
2) Participate in the Civil Service Test (written and physical ability) on September 15, 2018. Location is to be determined.