Transit Dispatcher, part-time
The City of Ashland has openings for part-time Transit Dispatchers with Ashland Public Transit, Elizabeth McClurg, Transit Supervisor.
Applications will be accepted online from May 23, 2021-June 05, 2021. Applicants will be emailed a link to the Civil Service Test after the application period.
What You'll Do:
- Provide excellent customer service; receive requests for service, schedule requests, dispatch resources for service
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation
- Cash handling and processing payments
- Responsible for assessing driver fitness for duty regarding substance abuse
- Prepare reports and records
- Occasionally fill in for transit drivers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages: hourly pay is $15; plus annual increases as negotiated by AFSCME
- Pension through OPERS (Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System) (with The City contributing an additional 14% and employees contributing 10% of wages)
- Available 457 Plan
- Anyone who works 25-29 hours/week earns vacation and holidays
We're looking for someone who:
- Is "Dedicated to Service"
- Has earned a high school diploma or a GED, plus 1 year experience in an office environment or equivalent education and experience
- Has a valid Ohio driver license
- Is eligible to drive City vehicles under our vehicle insurance policy
- Has excellent people skills
- Has basic skills with computers and other standard office equipment; is able to quickly learn new software and adjust to changes
- Is willing and able to learn and follow City policies and procedures
- Will always consider safety as the number one priority, followed closely by customer service
- APT operates Monday-Friday 6:00am-9:00pm, and Saturday from 8:00am-9:00pm
- This person will frequently work Fridays and Saturdays
- Dispatchers who are cross trained as Drivers will have an opportunity to pick up additional hours
- Employees may be required to report as early as 5:30am to complete opening tasks and could stay later than 9:00pm in order to complete post-trip tasks
- Extended hours require traditional and non-traditional shifts, to be determined by business needs.