Transit Dispatcher, part-time
The City of Ashland has openings for part-time (25 hours/week) Transit Dispatchers/Schedulers with Ashland Public Transit, Elizabeth McClurg, Transit Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted from October 8, 2018 until October 22, 2018 in the Human Resources Department (8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday). Applicants may take the Civil Service Test on October 25, 2018 at either 9:00am, 2:00pm, or 6:00pm.
What You'll Do:
- Provide excellent customer service; receive requests for service, schedule requests, dispatch resources for service
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation
- Cash handling and processing payments
- Responsible for assessing driver fitness for duty regarding substance abuse
- Prepare reports and records
- Occasionally fill in for transit drivers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages: hourly pay is $12.00; plus annual increases as negotiated by AFSCME
- Paid Time off
-10 paid holidays (1/2 days)
-2 weeks of vacation prorated at 1 year anniversary, the 2 weeks every January 1 after;
- Participation in OPERS (Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System) (with The City contributing an additional 14% and employees contributing 10% of wages)
- Available 457 Plan
We're looking for someone who:
- Is "Dedicated to Service"
- Has earned a high school diploma or a GED, plus 1 year experience in an office environment or equivalent education and experience
- Has a valid Ohio driver license
- Is eligible to drive City vehicles under our vehicle insurance policy
- Has excellent people skills
- Has basic skills with computers and other standard office equipment; is able to quickly learn new software and adjust to changes
- Is available year round, no seasonal furloughs!
- Is willing and able to learn and follow City policies and procedures
- Will always consider safety as the number one priority, followed closely by customer service
- APT operates Monday-Friday 6:00am-9:00pm, and Saturday from 8:00am-9:00pm
- Drivers may be required to report as early as 5:30am to complete pre-trip inspections and could stay later than 9:00pm in order to complete post-trip tasks
- Extended hours require traditional and non-traditional shifts, to be determined by business needs.