The City of Ashland has openings for full-time Transit Drivers with Ashland Public Transit, Elizabeth McClurg, Transit Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted from October 8, 2018 until October 22, 2018 in the Human Resources Department (8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday). Applicants may take the Civil Service Test on October 25, 2018 at either 9:00am, 2:00pm, or 6:00pm.
What You'll Do:
- Operate transit vehicles to provide rides for customers in a safe an efficient manner
- Inspect the assigned vehicle at the beginning of each shift and whenever there is a vehicle exchange to ensure the safety of the driver and passengers and to ensure the vehicles are clean and presentable; document inspection and report any needed maintenance or repairs;
- Provide excellent customer service; assist customers if needed
- Navigate to various locations to pick-up and drop-off customers within the geographical area in which Ashland Public Transit (APT) operates
- Occasionally fill in for schedulers and dispatchers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages: hourly pay is $12.00; plus annual increases as negotiated by AFSCME
- Eligible day one for insurances, there is no waiting period! Available insurances:
-Health (80% of the monthly premium is paid for by The City!)
-$20K term Life policy with the option to purchase more
- Paid Time off
-10 paid holidays
-Sick leave begins accruing immediately, plus The City accepts sick leave transfers from qualifying public employers
-2 weeks of vacation prorated at 1 year anniversary, the 2 weeks every January 1 after;
-2 personal days
- Participation in OPERS (Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System) (with The City contributing an additional 14% and employees contributing 10% of wages)
- Available 457 Plan
We're looking for someone who:
- Is "Dedicated to Service"
- Has earned a high school diploma or a GED, plus 1 year experience in an office environment or equivalent education and experience
- Has a valid Ohio driver license
- Is eligible to drive City vehicles under our vehicle insurance policy
- Has excellent people skills
- Has basic skills with computers and other standard office equipment; is able to quickly learn new software and adjust to changes
- Is available year round, no seasonal furloughs!
- Is willing and able to learn and follow City policies and procedures
- Will always consider safety as the number one priority, followed closely by customer service
- APT operates Monday-Friday 6:00am-9:00pm, and Saturday from 8:00am-9:00pm
- Dispatchers may be required to report as early as 5:30am to complete opening and could stay later than 9:00pm in order to complete closing tasks
- Extended hours require traditional and non-traditional shifts, to be determined by business needs.