The Building & Zoning Department continues to operate on the regular schedule. We ask that you please call the office at 419-289-8744. Our staff will be glad to assist you over the phone or meet you in the lobby.
Please do not visit the offices if you are feeling sick or showing any signs of illness. Calls and emails are greatly encouraged and most business can be addressed quickly and efficiently using these modes of communication. To submit documentation, call the office to make arrangements.
The Ashland City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:00pm in the council chambers located on the third floor of City Hall. The meeting will be live-streamed on the City of Ashland’s Facebook page and Armstrong Cable’s channel 2.
Anyone who wishes to address a matter with the Council is asked to contact the Council Clerk prior to the meeting at (419) 289-5524 and special arrangements will be made. The building will be closed during the meeting.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
At the City of Ashland’s Sanitation Department, the health and safety of our employees, customers and our community are a top priority. We recognize the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is evolving rapidly, and we are continuously evaluating the situation to ensure we can continue to provide superior service and support to our customers across the city. Based on the available information, we are currently maintaining our standard operations. The City of Ashland is actively following the CDC’s guidelines to keep our employees safe. We appreciate your patience as we prepare our employees and facilities across the city to continue providing the services our customers need and expect.
How you can help:
- Bag all of your trash. This reduces employee exposure to items like used tissues and other personal hygiene products.
- Place trash at the curb the night before scheduled service.
- Continue to place recycling on the curb. Ensure you only place the correct items on the curb. Remember items like trash bags and grocery bags, tissues, napkins and paper cups aren’t accepted. For more information on recycling, see the recycling guidelines.
- Properly dispose of medical sharps. Medical sharps used to administer medication to individuals or pets should be placed in a rigid plastic container, clearly marked “Sharps”, sealed shut and placed in trash.
The Ashland City Services - Street Department and Arborist Department continue to operate on the regular schedule. We ask that you please call the office at 419-289-9791 before you visit. Our staff will be glad to assist you over the phone.
The Ashland City Utilities continues to operate on the regular schedule, which includes performing Ohio EPA mandated bacterial testing in water samples. Plans are in place to ensure the vital water and sewer services continue to run smoothly.
The Ashland City Engineering Department continues to operate on the regular schedule. We ask that you please call the office at 419-289-8744. Our staff will be glad to assist you over the phone or meet you in the lobby.
Please do not visit the offices if you are feeling sick or showing any signs of illness. Calls and emails are greatly encouraged and most business can be addressed quickly and efficiently using these modes of communication.
The Ashland City Fire Department has canceled all CPR, First Aid, and other public education classes until further notice. Station tours and ride alongs are suspended.
All public events, including Pancake Day, are canceled.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation. As always, you can contact us at 419-289-6575.
The Ashland City Police Department has suspended all station tours and ride alongs until further notice.
All public events are canceled.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation. As always, you can contact us at 419-289-1911.
Ashland Public Transit (APT) is taking the following initiatives:
- Disinfecting all vehicles as needed between trips and at the end of each shift including wiping down all high touch surfaces (dash, steering wheel, controls, radio, all handles, seat belt latches, etc.)
- Providing hand sanitizer to employees and clients on all vehicles
- Providing PPE (Personal Protection Equipment, i.e. rubber gloves and disinfectant wipes) when necessary
- Sanitizing high touch areas in office and break area; including tables, work stations and break area.
APT is and will follow recommendations from the CDC, OH Department of Health, and the Ashland County-City Health Department.